Marazion Surgery Patient Participation Group
What is a PPG?
PPGs act as representatives of the patient population, and are a way of better connecting general practice with the community it serves. They meet on a regular basis to have open and constructive discussions about the services available – always with a view to taking action to make real improvements for patients and for the practice.
Benefits for patients
PPGs are a grassroots way of affecting change, and involving patients in improving the health and well-being of the local community. They have an increasingly important role to play in helping to give patients a say in the way services are delivered to best meet their needs, and the needs of the local community.
PPGs help to improve communication between patients and their practice. By improving practice websites and chatting to patients face to face, they are able to better understand, and help the practice in responding to, the real needs of the community.
The PPG Ground Rules
- The group is not a forum for individual complaints and single issue concerns
- We advocate open and honest communication and challenge between individuals
- We will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group
- Silence indicates agreement – speak up, but always go through the Chair
- All views are valid and will be listened to
- No phones or other disruptions
- We will start and finish on time, and stick to the agenda
December 2022 - We would like to reinstate our PPG and welcome existing members and new members to join us for coffee & cake in January (date to be agreed).
If you are interested in joining the PPG or would like more information about the group and what we do, please leave your name and email address with reception, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and further information will be sent to you in due course.
With best wishes, Juliette.
We apologise that due to patient safety and to minimise the risk of infection, we have temporarily suspended our PPG Meetings due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Members of the PPG, indeed any patients, are welcome to contact Juliette, by email or telephone, at the surgery during this time.
We welcome everyone to join us for our Information Sharing Workshop for
Thursday 27th February 2020, at Marazion Surgery
Free Refreshments provided from 6.30pm,
Speaker to start at 6.45pm
Speaker – Rene Crouch, Carer Support Worker, Kernow Carers Service
- Do you look after a family member, friend or neighbour? Are you aware of the support available to YOU as their informal carer?
- Do you know who to contact when you are finding it difficult to manage?
- The Carers Service can provide support either individually or in groups, to assist you and maintain your own health and wellbeing.
- Would you like more information on services and support available locally, to help people who care for others in the community?
Information will be shared about practical help, support groups and activities available locally and where you can obtain more information and support
We regret that we will not be able to discuss individual people due to confidentiality but we will help signpost you to support.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.