Welcome to the Marazion Surgery
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription or using The Waiting Room to book appointments and request prescriptions on-line. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
On-Line Services - follow this link for more information about online services via The Waiting Room
(The facility to book appointments online has been temporarily suspended due to Covid-19; please telephone the surgery on 710505 to book an appointment.)
The premises are easily accessible for wheelchair users, with all consulting and treatment rooms, and bathroom on the ground floor. Please note that we also offer appointments in the early morning between 7.40am and 8.00am and in the evenings between 6.30pm and 8.00pm. We occasionally offer appointments on a Sunday morning. These are part of the Extended Hours Service and Improving Access to General Practice Service.
If you have any concerns or symptoms of Covid-19, please DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY.
Please follow the advice available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Everyone entering the surgery is advised to wear a face covering.
With an anticipated influx of tourists to Cornwall from 4th of July 2020, we ask that all holidaymakers call 111 if you need urgent care. Alternatively you may wish to contact your registered GP Practice who will have access to all of your medical details. They can also send your usual prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy closer to you. By taking these actions you are helping the local NHS to minimise the number of minor presentations to our emergency department and to ensure people are directed to the appropriate service or self-care options. Please support us by passing on the use of 111 first message to family and friends so that we can avoid overcrowding and the increased risk of Covid-19 transmission to patients and staff. Thank you for your continued support.
FLU DROP-IN CLINIC FOR PATIENTS 65 YEARS AND OVER ONLY- THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT- PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW
We are holding a DROP-IN clinic on Saturday 12th September 2020 8.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm (closed 12.30pm-1.30pm for lunch/cleaning).
This clinic is for patients aged 65 years and over only.
There is a different vaccine for patients under 65 years, but this will NOT be available on 12th September. These patients will be called in separately, for a clinic on a different day.
Flu Clinics will be a little bit different this year, due to COVID-19. Please remember:
- Do not attend if you are unwell, especially if you have a new continuous cough, a fever or anosmia (loss of taste/smell).
- Maintain social distancing of 2m as per guidelines for healthcare.
- Patients of the same household that fit into the same category (over 65 years) can attend and queue together.
- Wear a mask or face covering, unless you have an exemption.
- Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Toilet facilities will be closed, please go before you attend!
- The car park may be busy, please drive in slowly. If you live locally you may wish to walk, if possible. You may also park in the Community Centre car park next door.
- No other services will be offered during the drop-in clinic (unless there is a threat to life); there will be no doctor on the premises.
- There will be a short drop-in clinic on Saturday 19th September 8.30am-1.30pm for anyone unable to attend on 12th September.
(Site updated 12/10/2020)