Marazion Surgery Patient Participation Group
Who are we? We are a group of patients who work together with staff, so that we can improve our GP practice for everyone.
What do we do?
Provide feedback about practice services
Make suggestions on how patients’ experiences can be improved
Promote health and wellbeing information to patients
How can you contribute?
Join our meetings
Sign-up to our online patients’ group
Share your suggestions and ideas with us
What is a PPG?
PPGs act as representatives of the patient population, and are a way of better connecting general practice with the community it serves. They meet on a regular basis to have open and constructive discussions about the services available – always with a view to taking action to make real improvements for patients and for the practice.
Benefits for patients
PPGs are a grassroots way of affecting change, and involving patients in improving the health and well-being of the local community. They have an increasingly important role to play in helping to give patients a say in the way services are delivered to best meet their needs, and the needs of the local community.
PPGs help to improve communication between patients and their practice. By improving practice websites and chatting to patients face to face, they are able to better understand, and help the practice in responding to, the real needs of the community.
The PPG Ground Rules
- The group is not a forum for individual complaints and single-issue concerns.
- We advocate open and honest communication and respectable challenge between individuals.
- We will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group.
- Silence indicates agreement – speak up, but always go through the Chair.
- All respectable views are valid and will be listened to.
- Offensive and discriminatory language will not be tolerated.
- No phones or other disruptions.
- We will start and finish on time, and stick to the agenda.
Click here for our PPG Terms of Reference
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.