Welcome, to the dispensary at Marazion Surgery. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves. As a vital part of the General practice team the dispensary liaises closely with the doctors, practice nurses, district nurses, Macmillan Nurses, receptionists and administrators. We aim to offer an excellent service to all of our patients. Dispensing facilities are available for most patients who live more than one mile from a chemist; you will be advised of your eligibility when you register as a patient.
| ||Morning|| |
|Monday||08:30 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||08:30 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||08:30 - 18:00|
|Thursday||08:30 - 18:00|
|Friday||08:30 - 18:00|
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 01736 719909
- Telephone Line: 01736 719906: Monday to Thursday from 11:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 -17:00 and Friday from 11:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 16:00
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered quickly and easily through a variety of methods, designed to suit everyone and to ensure that all patients can contact dispensary at a time and by a method that best suits their busy lives.
Please ensure that you give at least two working days notice, not including weekends for all prescription requests. We accept payment by all major debit and credit cards.
- By Royal Mail: Prescription requests are made using the prescription counterfoil provided with each prescription. Please clearly tick the items that are required. This slip can be posted to the Dispensary, Marazion Surgery, Gwallon Lane, Marazion, Cornwall, TR17 OHW. Please allow additional time for Royal Mail delivery.
- By Hand: Prescription requests are made using the prescription counterfoil provided with each prescription. Please clearly tick the items that are required. This slip can be placed in the post box provided just inside the main front doors at Marazion Surgery during working hours, or placed in the post box outside of the premises by the side door outside of working hours.
- By Fax: Prescription requests are made using the prescription counterfoil provided with each prescription. Please clearly tick the items that are required. This slip can be faxed at any time of the day or night to 01736 719909.
- By Email: Prescription requests can be Emailed at any time of the day or night to email@example.com. Please ensure you provide your full name and address, contact telephone number, and date of birth. Clearly state the full name and strength of the medication that you require.
- By Telephone: The telephone prescription request line is open as above. Please ensure that you have your patient number and medication information to hand. A dedicated member of staff is available to take your request over the telephone and to discuss any queries you may have. All telephone conversations are recorded for staff training.
- Online: Order can be placed online via the link at the top of this page. Please note, new users to the system are required to complete a simple registration prior to placing any orders.
Monthly Prescriptions: Please ensure that you do not run out of medication, by ordering your repeat prescription in plenty of time. We require at least two working days notice not including weekends. During busy periods, such as during Bank Holidays, we would appreciate being given extra time. Please do not over-order or 'stock up' on medicines.
Co-ordination of Monthly Prescriptions: The dispensers would welcome the opportunity to liaise with any patient, to co-ordinate their medications so that they can all be ordered regularly once a month. Having different medications due at different times of the month is time-consuming for patients and their carers, and often necessitates more than one request and trip to the surgery premises every month. Dispensary staff are happy to undertake medication reviews and co-ordinate medications to run out simultaneously.
Delivery Service: A delivery service is available to rural areas. For more information on the delivery schedule please contact the dispensary. Patients who are housebound will have priority for delivery. In addition regular dropping off points are made to local shops on a weekly basis, to the villages of Goldsithney, St Erth and Crowlas. Again, please contact dispensary for further information.
Dosett Boxes: These boxes contain medication in specially designed blister packs, making it easier for the elderly or infirm to remember to take their medication appropriately. If you feel that you, or someone you care for, would benefit from this service, please discuss this with their doctor. More information on the dosett boxes is available from dispensary, but these can only be authorised by the doctor.
Health Awareness: We have a team of very experienced and fully qualified dispensers, who can offer advice to patients and their carers, providing the patient has given their permission. We liaise closely with other members of the practice team, including the doctors and practice nurses. Healthy living advice is available upon request, along with a wide range of supportive literature and leaflets. The dispensary aims to ensure that all patients receive excellent patient care, including regular check-ups and regular tests as required by the doctor.
Queries & Questions: If you have a query about any aspect of your medication or care, please ask one of the dispensary staff at the surgery, or telephone 01736 719906 between (times listed below). If the dispenser does not know the answer, they will speak to the appropriate person and get back to you within a reasonable period. If you have an emergency enquiry outside of these hours, please telephone the main surgery number 01736 710505.