Flu Vaccinations - book your appointment now!
Please have your FLU jab at Marazion Surgery a usual. We have purchased enough vaccine for ALL our eligible patients, so please have your vaccine administered here so that these are not wasted. Clinics are available during the week and at weekends; these are available to book now. There are also some drop-in clinics, if you have an appointment for something else it may be possible to have your flu vaccine at the same time.
We are aware that patients are receiving letters from Pharmacy2U and although it states in small print 'your surgery has not given us any of your details for this letter and has not approved this communication', we wish to emphasise that this letter is NOT FROM US and we are not advertising or encouraging patients to use their service. Our Dispensary at Marazion Surgery offers a full prescribing and dispensing service to our patients, including delivery of medications. If you have any questions about this, or if you have any questions not answered on our website or in our Practice leaflet, please speak to one of our Dispensary staff.
We are in the TOP TEN of GP Practices in Cornwall
CORNWALL TOP 10 SURGERIES, ACCORDING TO FIGURES FROM THE 2018 GP PATIENT SURVEY - CORNWALL LIVE
Please see the link to the Cornwall Live article below https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/doctors-surgery-ratings-cornwall-released-1884900
Please Click here to access the Patient.info Website
New Telephone System - Ring 710505
The new telephone system is now live! Please contact us on 01736 710505 for all enquiries, including appointments, visits, test results and dispensary. (711447 and 719906 are no longer in use). We hope there will be a smooth transition, but please bear with us! Thank you.
Changes to funding for two year olds
Changes to 2 year-old funding
New Telephone System Coming Soon!
Our telephone system is due to be updated soon and we hope that patients will find it much more user-friendly! We will keep you updated about when this is due to go live!
Friends & Family Test - June 2018
In June 2018 we had a total of 46 responses; 42 said that they were ‘EXTREMELY LIKELY’, 3 said that they were ‘LIKELY’, and 1 said that they were neither likely nor unlikely to recommend our GP Practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment. You told us:
- Because all the team are just brilliant!
- Always able to see someone when I needed to
- When asked if I could be seen by Mrs Hatton, reception staff were very helpful even though I was booked to see another nurse by mistake, on telephoning surgery
- Extremely helpful receptionists, thorough nursing, went the extra mile to help. Thank you.
- I do feel that it would be better if the appointments were shown on the TV screen as the voices tend to echo (This should happen – we will look into this.)
- Just made an enquiry and was immediately given ECG test, then saw the doctor, then sent for a chest x-ray – all on the same day. Appointments for monitor and blood tests the following week. Brilliant service! First Class.
- All the doctors have time for you and listen to your needs. The nurses, office staff and especially the dispensary ladies are lovely. Nothing is too much trouble for anybody at Marazion surgery. Top marks to all.
- All the staff I have had dealings with were very helpful, efficient and professional in their approach. I would highly recommend.
- Always a pleasant experience. Friendly staff.
Always excellent service
- Dr Sugrue listens carefully and explains well
- Great that you can phone in the morning, first thing, and get to see a doctor same day.
- I have recently suffered severe health problems and have found Dr Walden to be a superb GP. Understanding, approachable and very capable. The whole staff are a credit to the practice and I would not register elsewhere unless forced to do so.
- It's a very caring doctors
- Shingles vac. is good and seen on time.
- Since we moved to Goldsithney in February 2010 we think we have experienced excellent care from Marazion surgery and after I was diagnosed with lymphoma in February 2016 all the staff I've been in contact with have been caring and kind.
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete these slips. We appreciate your support.
Spring Raffle in aid of Meningitis Now
We are delighted to let you know that with your support we have raised £929.70 for Meningitis Now, with our Spring Raffle that was drawn on 13th April 2018. Thank you to everyone who purchased a raffle ticket and congratulations to everyone who won a prize!
Congratulations Chloe! BSC Health studies - September 2017
NEW CAR PARK OPEN NOW!
The new car park more than doubles the amount of parking available for patients immediately outside the surgery. There are disabled parking spaces next to the front door. There is also a new separate area for staff parking. Mrs Brown, the Practice Manager, stated that patients often comment that being able to park easily and for free, immediately beside the surgery makes it much easier for them to access the medical services offered at the Practice.
If you have any plants or shrubs that you would be willing to donate, to help make our grounds more attractive we would love to hear from you! You can either drop these in, or if you contact us we can arrange to collect these from you. Thank you for your support!
Pictured: Dr Walden cutting the ribbon on the new Car Park at Marazion Surgery
NEW CONSULTING ROOM
Internally there has also been work to improve the facilities being offered to patients. Internal walls have been changed so that the space can be used more effectively. There is now a new Consulting Room alongside the Nurses’ Treatment Rooms. Dr Walden commented that this new facility would allow the surgery to offer more clinics and services to patients on a daily basis; this was an exciting opportunity and valuable resource when looking to the future of the NHS.
Pictured: Mrs Gendall and Mrs Brodie, Practice Nurses, cutting the ribbon on the new Consulting Room
Chloe Gendall - Queens Nurse
Mrs Chloe Gendall, Practice Nurse at Marazion Surgery has been given the prestigious title of Queen’s Nurse (QN) by community nursing charity The Queen’s Nursing Institute (QNI).
The title is not an award for past service, but indicates a commitment to high standards of patient care, learning and leadership. Nurses who hold the title benefit from developmental workshops, bursaries, networking opportunities, and a shared professional identity.
Dr Crystal Oldman, Chief Executive of the QNI said, ‘Congratulations are due to Chloe for her success. Community nurses are expert professionals who make a vital contribution to patient health and wellbeing every day. As a national charity the QNI can share innovation and best practice, supporting nurses to deliver excellent healthcare to patients in local communities.’
Chloe has been a Practice Nurse at Marazion Surgery since 2010 and is highly regarded by her colleagues and by the patients at the Practice. Dr Walden, GP Partner at Marazion Surgery said, ‘Everyone at the Practice is extremely proud of Chloe for gaining this award; she is a caring, dedicated and highly professional member of our nursing team’.
Text Reminder Service
We have the facility to send you a text reminder for any booked appointment at the surgery. Please let us know your mobile number as this will save the NHS valuable lost time in missed appointments. This will also allow us to book FLU CLINICS further in advance.
We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you can read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please let us know. We want to know if you need information in large print or easy read; use a British Sign Language interpreter or advocate; if we can support you to lip-read or use a hearing aid or communication tool. Please tell the receptionist when you arrive for your next appointment, or call us on 01736 710505.
Patient On-Line Services - The Waiting Room
This practice currently offers patients’ facilities to:
- Book, view, amend and cancel appointments online.
- View and order online repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances.
This is possible by registering for ‘The Waiting Room’ on-line access. Currently 1,200 patients are signed up for this valuable and effective service! If you would like to register for ‘The Waiting Room’, please ask for more information at Reception or Dispensary.
Patients who are already registered for ‘The Waiting Room’ will shortly transfer to the updated version 2. (You do not need to do anything!) As part of ‘The Waiting Room Version 2’ patients may also request permission to view limited extracts of their medical records. There are obviously stringent controls on the release of this information and applications should be made in writing to the Practice Manager, Mrs J Brown.
Do you know who your Doctor is?
All patients registered at Marazion Surgery have a named GP. A recent Government initiative has recommended that we ensure that patients know who their named doctor is. You will be told this when you register, or if you are not sure please ask a member of staff. You may request an appointment with the doctor of your choice, if that doctor is not available you will be offered an appointment with another doctor or you may choose to ring another day.
New Email Address for Dispensary
The Email address for Dispensary has now changed to firstname.lastname@example.org